Flooded Basement St. Louis MO
A water damaged basement shouldn’t be ignored. To make a home a great asset, a dry well cared for basement is the key. Using it for storage, recreational room, or even bedrooms make it essential to take care of your basement. Unfortunately, living in the midwest you can never avoid rain, which can lead to water damage St Louis basement.
Need for Basement Repair
Just because your basement is the lowest level of your home does not mean its an less important that the rest of the house. When midwest flood gets the best of your basement, it’s crucial to get a water damage restoration company in St. Louis to help you. If not, you can suffer from mold and mildew or even worse, structural damage.
A flooded basement will increase the humidity in your home. If you spend a lot of time in your basement you could end up with health issues and even be bothered by mosquitos. Due to the humid, damp environment, mosquitos can thrive. With the rise of the air from your basement to the rest of the house, here are high chances your family can be affected and suffer from asthma like symptoms; sneezing, congestion, coughing, and other allergies brought on by the air quality.
Signs to Watch Out For
There are signs to watch out for that can help you decide on if calling a company to restore the water damage is the right idea:
- Damp spots on walls and ceilings: When certain sections of block and concrete walls start to change color and become damp, you can be sure that your basement is leaking and needs waterproofing.
- Paint peeling: Discoloration, chipping, and peeling off of paint is another sign.
- Corrosion of appliances/furniture: Water damage gives rise to rust and metal fixtures. Fuse boxes are the first to show signs of damage.
- Mold & mildew infestations: Mold and mildew thrive in damp and wet places, water damaged basements are high on that list. They appear greenish white in color and cause a variety of health hazards.
- Bad Odor: A musty odor is perpetuated by mold, mildew, and dry rot. This smell is a clear indication of water damage.
- Cracked walls: Uneven floors and cracked walls indicate water damage and foundation issues.
- Efflorescence: Mineral deposits which resemble white chalk markings are signs of damage.
Water Damage St Louis – Make the Call if You Notice Just One Sign
Fixing the problem before it gets worse is the key for the well being and quality of life for yourself, your family, and house. Pride Cleaning & Restoration has worked with many insurance companies, contractors, management companies, and property owners. They have over 30 years of expertise to guide you through the claim process. If you are not enrolled with an insurance company that will cover your damages or any of our other services, they will be happy to offer you a competitive price.
Pride Cleaning & Restoration is the most comprehensive resource for water damage services and recovery in St. Louis, MO
Call 24/7 314.664.8844